Cheers, mates!

This blog chronicles the bloody brilliant, pond-hopping adventures of Kristin Taylor, an English Literature major in the Honors Program at Columbus State University who spent the Fall semester of 2008 studying abroad at the University of Oxford.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 1 in The Ox

So I've arrived safely in Oxford after a very long, sleepless flight. Brandon, Dr. Ross, and I got here around 8:00 this morning, and Dr. Ross only gave us an hour to shower and change clothes before he led us on his tour of Oxford, refusing to let us rest any lest we exacerbate our jet lag. So I got to see a lot of the city today, and I recognized a couple of the awesome bookstores I visited when I was here back in 2005, which was cool. Walking around the city made me start feeling a little nervous -- especially about my tutorials. All these crazy Oxonian kids are already running around in their academic robes, and I'm content with my giraffe t-shirt and jeans, thanks. I'm still waiting on it all to sink in. I feel a strange blend of excitement and intimidation, but all is well.

The Spencer house is really nice, and my room is awesome. I really did get the best room, I think. It's so much bigger than my room at home. I like it a lot. Here's a few photos:





More photos here.

Okay, it's off to bed for me. This jet lag is killer.

No comments: