Cheers, mates!

This blog chronicles the bloody brilliant, pond-hopping adventures of Kristin Taylor, an English Literature major in the Honors Program at Columbus State University who spent the Fall semester of 2008 studying abroad at the University of Oxford.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 4, or Just Call Me "Lance"

So I've gotten this bicycling thing down. It's undeniably better than walking and not as nerve-wracking as I thought it would be. Today Brandon and I biked to city centre, where I bought my much-anticipated hat (a purple wool beret!) for the cold weather. We also stopped by the falafel stand again and mosied through both of the Oxfam stores. Then we came back to the Spencer House and cleaned up our bikes. Brandon, who is a total fix-it man, helped me put a basket on the front of my bike, which works nicely for holding my purse. Then we biked to Sommertown, where Brandon and I did some reading at a Starbucks (and I was able to keep up my tradition of taking pictures at every international Starbucks I visit).


No, I'm not a poseur. Not at all. :) In Sommertown, we also stopped by the bike store so I could get some bike lights, and I wanted to buy a basket for the back of my bike that I could use to carry (reusable) shopping bags, but they were out and told me to come back on Wednesday. I think tomorrow we're all journeying to London to see a play at The Globe, so that should be exciting.

No comments: