Cheers, mates!

This blog chronicles the bloody brilliant, pond-hopping adventures of Kristin Taylor, an English Literature major in the Honors Program at Columbus State University who spent the Fall semester of 2008 studying abroad at the University of Oxford.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 2 of Naught Week

Well, today I woke up feeling like I'm getting a bit of a head cold, so I'm biding my time until I can go to sleep. This morning Brandon and I, along with the other visiting students, had to register with the university nurse. Then we had an orientation meeting with Dr. Lynn Robson, the international student coordinator and also one of the tutors of English literature, in which we found out the tutorials we'll be taking and our tutors. I have a full tutorial in Medieval literature with Dr. Victoria Condie. (A full tutorial means that I meet with Dr. Condie once a week for the duration of the eight-week term, and I'll have a paper due to her at every tutorial.) I also have a half tutorial in Modern literature with Dr. Julian Thompson. (A half tutorial means that I meet with Dr. Thompson once every other week for the duration of the eight-week term, and I'll have a paper due to him at every tutorial.) That makes for a total of twelve 1,500 to 2,000-word essays by the time I go home for Christmas! I have a meeting with Dr. Thompson on Thursday, and I'm waiting to hear from Dr. Condie so I know when I'll have a meeting with her this week. Then next week, tutorials officially begin.

No comments: