Cheers, mates!

This blog chronicles the bloody brilliant, pond-hopping adventures of Kristin Taylor, an English Literature major in the Honors Program at Columbus State University who spent the Fall semester of 2008 studying abroad at the University of Oxford.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Evensong at Christ Church

Yesterday evening Dr. Ross, Brandon, and I went to Christ Church to hear Evensong. We were lucky enough to be there when the boys choir was singing, and it was magnificent choral music, consisting of Howells's "Collegium Regale" and Handel's "The King Shall Rejoice." I think what I found most amazing about Evensong is how that quality of chorale music -- something you have to seek out actively in places like Columbus -- is a part of the everyday culture here. Evensong made me miss singing in the Chorale so much that I can't wait to find a choir to join while I'm here. It's something I've wanted to do since I first found out I was coming to Oxford. Here are some pictures of Christ Church:

In the quad at Christ Church

The quad at Christ Church after Evensong

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice read. I would love to follow you on twitter.